State of Ohio
The Ohio State Dental Board accepts applications for registration as an EFDA online only at its website. The Board may grant registration to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary in the State of Ohio to applicants meeting the following requirements:
1) Applicant must file an application at and pay the nonrefundable fee of $25
2) Applicant must have completed an EFDA education or training course accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association or the higher learning commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools;
3) Proof of having successfully passed the examination administered by the Commission on Dental Testing in Ohio or the Commission on Dental Competency Assessments ;
4) Proof of current certification to perform basic life-support procedures certified by either the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association or the American Health and Safety Institute; and
5) The applicant must provide a copy of your vaccination record showing one of the following: all THREE legible dates or The 1st and 2nd shot dates with the third being scheduled. (It must be a specific date on a doctors letterhead or a prescription pad.