The Voice of Ohio's
Expanded Function Dental Auxiliaries
Students and New EFDAs
To assist you in fostering important relationships that will be with you for the duration of your career as an EFDA, the Ohio EFDA Association provides a Mentoring Program.
We have dentists who are willing to allow an EFDA to shadow another EFDA in their office during practice hours.
Shadowing can be beneficial to a new or soon-to-be EFDA, or to the EFDA who is re-entering the field after being away.
You will be paired up with an established EFDA and a dentist that can answer your questions by e-mail, phone, or video conference, providing guidance and support as you complete your education and begin your career.
Live Mentor Question Time
From time-to-time, we host live video conference sessions featuring a few of our mentors. EFDAs and students are invited to join and ask questions. Don't have a question? Don't worry. Sometimes hearing other peoples' questions and listening to responses can be valuable.
If you would like to sign up for the Ohio EFDA Association's Mentoring Program, just email us at email@example.com and let us know your location,and which of the above experiences you prefer.
• I respect my mentor’s time, and I promise to keep my e-mails short and to the point.
• I will try to keep requests for expedited responses to a minimum.
• I realize the relationship between myself and my mentor is professional and that our communications should remain private.
• When venting frustration or concern, I will not use profanity, make derogatory remarks, or specify names of people or entities in my communications.
• I understand and acknowledge that any views, opinions, guidance or remarks of my mentor are specific to him/her and may not reflect the views, opinions, guidance or remarks of the Ohio EFDA Association or any other professional associations.
• I understand that the assignment of mentors is voluntary. If my mentor elects to discontinue his/her participation in the Mentoring Program, and I desire to be assigned another mentor, I may choose another mentor through the Mentoring Program.
Are you an EFDA or a dentist and interested in providing a student or a new or returning EFDA a mentor to talk to with real-world insight? Do you think you could help them transition smoothly from an educational program into the professional world?
Then maybe you’d like to participate in the Ohio EFDA Association's Mentoring Program.
You will be paired with students and EFDAs looking for guidance. Some may want to shadow you in your practice. Most will want communicate with you by e-mail, phone, or video conference to ask questions from time-to-time.
If you would like to sign up to be a mentor simply check, the Mentor box on the Ohio EFDA membership form when you join the association.
If you are already a member, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you want to be added to the list.
• I respect my student’s time, and I will answer e-mails promptly.
• I will try to guide my student by words and example.
• I realize the relationship between my self and my student is professional and that our communications should remain private.
• I acknowledge that any views, opinions, guidance or remarks I may make are personal and may not reflect the views, opinions, guidance or remarks of the Ohio EFDA Association or any other professional association.
• I understand that my assignment as a mentor is voluntary. If I elect to discontinue my participation in the Mentoring Program, I agree to promptly e-mail my student of this decision. As a courtesy to my student and the Virtual Mentoring Program, I will also promptly notify the appropriate local sponsoring constituent or component.